Realized Digital Advice Tool
Research-driven UX Design
February 2020–July 2021
Lead UX Designer
What is the Realized Digital Advice Tool?
• The DAT is an MVP application that leverages third-party data, property risk scores, and scenario analysis to build investment portfolios and investment plans.
• Realized specializes in assisting their client to divest an investment property, investment planning including the deferral of capital gains taxes through a 1031 exchange.
• Registered Investment Advisors(RIA) and Analysts are the primary DAT personas.
• Develop an MVP that quickly optimizes 1031 Exchange portfolios and produces investment plans to review with clients.
• Increase portfolio diversification and potentially mitigate risk with optimized portfolios.
• Clients must follow IRS rules and regulations. They must identify one or more potential replacement properties within 45 days after the sale of their relinquished property.
• Simplify workflow and processes for Research Analysts & Sales with digital products.
• Positively impact annual equity flow for the firm and potentially increase velocity.
Lean User Experience Process
Declare Assumptions > Research & Feedback > Experiment > Develop an MVP
Outcomes, Assumptions, Hypotheses — Design — Create MVP — Research & Learning
As an Analyst, I need to create multiple optimized portfolios to use as a basis for investment planning.
As an Investment Director, I need multiple optimized portfolios to review with clients during investment planning.
Personas, Flow Diagrams, Whiteboard Meeting Notes, Card Sorting, and Investment Plan Usability Research Report
Minimum Viable Product
Development of an initial design led to internal validation discussions, further review and user acceptance testing.
Realized Portfolio Optimizer and Manual Portfolio Builder